10.12.2012

Playing with another Sketch

This time over at sketches in thyme. I really liked how clean and simple it was, those design elements that I seem to claim represent my style. They're also holding a DT call, and of course I am throwing my hat in the mix with a layout of L throwing *insert lame laugh here*.   

So we're playing with a whole lot of different paper here, but I took the colors from the pictures. I loved how I captured the movement of the ball as it was flying through the air and knocking over the bottle, but I didn't need 3 pictures of L with his had over his head (even if he is cute), so I layered the unimportant parts and the was the base for layering the papers. It's funny I got a free gift in my last scrappy order and it was some Authentic paper, it was one sheet but it was 12x24 and folded over  and I would never have bought it but it was there and the perfect color of green. The hard part was playing with the pinks, but the table is red so I added three little tid bits. The blue just came in to play but it's one of the easiest colors EVER for me to use. And I am going to cry when I run out of that Crate story teller bulletin board paper. I've been grabbing some wood grains to replace it but it's still one of my favorite sheets of paper.  It's another fun mix of new and old papers ... now I'm holding out for some Studio Calico Wonderland ... that red chevron has me dreaming happy thoughts.  TTFN!

3 comments:

marianne said...

Great layering!

Melina said...

I love the layering behind the photos. Great colors too :)

tiffany said...

love how you used our sketch for an 8.5x11 layout, great to see different interpretations! Thanks for joining in our DT call at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany