7.01.2012

Color Me Scrappy Challenge #7



So its the first of July .. I love the month of July it's finally warm, no hot, summer weather down here in southern california and the marine layer is GONE. And the colors from this challenge remind me of that. Looking in my printed photos it appears that I have scrapped and re-scrapped all the beach photos from last summer and do need to go to the beach some more for new beach pictures, which again seem so fitting to these colors. What I did do was scrap K's EAK photos (not pre-school, more of a 3rd semester of kindergarden) photos. She'd been practicing her smile for a week before the picture day. 




Also I finally got my hands on the new Amy Tangerine Sketchbook papers and they are the perfect match to the colors above. So I used everything from the one collection. Not really my usual MO, I do like to mix and match my papers, colors, and what nots. But it was fun to change it up and limit myself to one collection. I actually made the letters in the title ... some glitter girl (2peas video) had me on the DIY kick, and since I can't make my self pat $4.99 for a pack of thickers (I've tried really I have, had them in my cart but ditched them at the last minute for 5 sheets of pp that I could do the same thing with using my silhouette) ... got good to admit here if AC is actually looking at me for their recent DT Call, but I'm honest .. the font is Tall Fins I believe outlines and then i printed and painted it with water colors and cut it out ... really cool, a little time consuming, but I will do it again. So go check out all the other inspirations at COLOR ME SCRAPPY

3 comments:

Raechelle said...

You design and use of the AT papers are so fun! What a lovely photo, as well. Your take on the challenge is wonderful Jakki!

Nikki said...

Love this layout! I am excited for this month's color palette! Great job.

Kim said...

Really cute page!
~Kim