5.30.2012

faking it ... silhouette file style


While blog surfing I came across this layout (studio calico blog) 
I love the die cut camera over on the right .. the striped paper makes it even cooler. The camera image is one found in the silhouette store. I own a silhouette and was thinking I could make my own similar sort of shape .. because well I'm too cheap to spend the $1 on the two shape package.  So after a quick camera silhouette image search via bling I had a simple camera image. Then off to Adobe Illustrator (the best program ever ... yes it beats out photoshop in my world) and I had my camera image.
I went with a 'star' center because well I'm all for respecting other peoples art work ... there are a few differences. And well I'm thinking "camera star" while I'm tracing it .. and stars just work better for boy pages then hearts, not that it would stop me.  Back to the process ... then took the vector image over to photoshop (cool click and drag mac/adobe feature) and turned it into a .jpeg then off to silhouette program to trace ... that one took a bit of work playing with the thresholds so I got a clean image to save in my library there. But this isn't the same as the original die cut ... so I went further ...

And gave it a frame and a word "snap shot" ... again going for something different that my copy image. But don't think that will stop me from using  "memories" or "captured" in the future at my design and pages need it.  
I haven't actually cut it out yet, so I don't have an image of that yet. But its so full of potential I'm glad I spent the 30 minuets or so playing with it and creating it.  Have fun!!

No comments: