5.24.2012

Die Cut Challenge

okay so I have the cool original silhouette and I love it, but I don't use it much in the way of die cuts ... seriously I hear "die cuts" and I think back the the early 2000's about those shapes cut out of different color plain CS and cringe. I know its not so true now and days and really i do a have a growing stash of the ones that come with the paper collections. But they're not one of my go to items So this truly was a challenge for me ... I took these photo's of L flying ... he does this ALOT. and with all those travel themed papers floating around (that I can't seem to get enough of) I played from there. The little planes are my 'die cuts' I found some silhouette images via bing.com and grabbed them, traced them in adobe illustrator and cleaned them up (no internet image ever is as clean as i would like to to be), then clicked and dragged it over into photoshop. saved as a jpeg and finally traced it again in silhouettes program, then cut it out on some different pattern papers... it sounds like a whole lot more work than it really is.

No comments: