10.08.2011

is it really october??

okay I know it's been october for a while, and I even remembered to call my little brother and wish him a happy birthday (well I texted him) on the 3rd. but it's just hard to believe. but the weather is getting cold at night, well i'm thinking 55 is cold,  and some of the liquid ambers are changing to red (the only tree in sd that changes) it just doesn't feel like fall. maybe the fact that i'm still in beach photos scrapping away pages. here's my latest, for the sketch challenge over at the jillibean blog. 
kailee and her model faces ... the girl drives me crazy but eventually i get a natural looking smile. i'm finally starting to get a feel for the jillibean paper style, i love it so i've forced myself to use it more and more. and my stash is growing .. i think that helps the most, if you look closely you will see that i used paper from 3 different collections (with 3 different release dates) i just can't keep consistent with anything unless i have lots of different things to choose from ...
so back to things fall they had pumpkins at the grocery store when we visited this week, and now i want to get one and bake it and have some pumpkin guts around to bake with ... pumpkin cinnamon rolls are calling my name, and that pumpkin latte syrup looked good too (could I add that to my green tea?, or maybe i should look up how to make the chai lattes i love so much) ... oh well i'm off on a tangent and bed i looking really good right now ... good night or good morning (depends on when you're reading this).

3 comments:

Shel said...

I'm still scrapping all of my summer photos too, but the weather here in Chicago is soo unseasonably warm lately (mid 80*s)!! We can't believe it's fall either!

Candace Prado said...

October is my absolute favorite month. Just cool enough for a sweater and a scarf here in Chicago on most days (lately not so much - got kids in shorts!), but love the colors most of all. Shorter days, brighter sunsets, and hot apple everything. I am in love with all your layouts...!!!

Pam said...

October is my favorite month and it is almost over:(

I have hardly taken any pictures and usually October is one of my big photo taking months.

At least some of your trees change colors, ha!

I adore that layout, that was a fun sketch!! I wish I had more time to get to it!! K is so funny and cute with her faces:)