9.22.2011

Summer Photos with Echo Park

Some more summer pictures to add to the albums, these ones I did using some of my more recent echo park papers. I'm totally in love with Splash the oranges, blues, and almost blue greens are just singing to me. Now I don't know what it is, but I can never seem to do up a layout using just one collection, it might be that artist in me that has to go against the rules of using only one collections, or it could be that I'm usually looking at a bunch of paper spread out in front of me when I scrap and pull from here and there.  But that's one of the things I love about ep all their lines merge together so perfectly. And it usually means that I buy two collections at a time too. This time I put a bit of Playground in with Splash and it works perfectly with those summer, and school pictures. 

This page came together with using the orange .. it seemed to compliment the underside of the starfish. Then in classic layering mode I added green and a  blue white to contrast with the orange. The journal card with the crab seemed to fit the whole sea life theme going on. The circles are from various scraps and just found there way onto the page, making for that classic triangle design and they are mimicking the blue and orange scheme. And I didn't want to spell out fish with the cute little fishes on the sticker sheet.
Products used:
 Bazzill Kraft
Mister Huey Bonny Blue
Echo Park Splash: Big Wave, Fish, Sunshine, Big Dots, Mini Stripe, Journal
Splash Element stickers
Echo Park Playground: Journal, Capture the Flag, and Alpha stickers
 When I did this page, I was in love with the the brick work of the pink paper in Playground, but it didn't jive so well with the green shirts the girls are wearing in the photos. In comes a green from the Splash collection, it compliments the girls shirts, but it's not so strong of a green to shout out at you 'hey I'm christmas. The color lines bring the pink over to the green side of the layout and the dots mimicked the puzzle in the photo. After that part of the initial design I just added strips and shapes to complete 
the page. It was fun to make sure none of the lines matched up to achieve that over all "jumbled" look. Oh and I had run out of the letter "e" and I actually cut the outline out of the alpha sheet to make
 the red red outlined "e"
Products Used:
Echo Park Playgound: Double Dutch, Kick the Can, Hopscotch, Monkey Bars,
Hide and Seek, Capture the Flag, Journal
Echo Park Splash: Big Dots
Echo Park Little Boy: (green dots paper)
Playground letter stickers
Splash Element stickers
 This page is the simplest of the mix but it proved the most challenging to me. The sandcastle has to be one of the coolest, largest, and flattest stickers I've ever used but it fit into the theme of the page so well. I used it along with the photos, since they turned out to be the same size of sorts. The castle is layered on some CS so it stands up the placement of it is also not on the 3 grid of the photos, and it's not playing by the rules of symmetric design.  Again with the orange and blue, I really like how the bubbling blue stripe mimics the waves, and the orange contrasts the blue to make it pop ... maybe I'm thinking sunsets with this whole color theme. The playground green is the grounding color behind them. The stickers on the top and bottom of the page are there to complete a diagonal design element as the four little circles are there to compliment the green grounding square. Its another one of those jumbled up pages with lines going every which way but simple and eye pleasing.
Products Used:
Bazzill White
Echo Park Playground: Jump Rope, Simon Says, Alphabet Stickers
Echo Park Splash: Big Wave, Element Stickers, Big Dots, Mini Stripes

1 comment:

Candace Prado said...

OMG Jakki! These are so STUNNING and AWESOME!! I love them SO much!! I totally have the scrap bug again and you and Pam are not making it easy with all of these beautiful entries for DT!