2.15.2011

talking on the phone

so logan is sitting behind my in the office right now, talking on daddy's graffing calculator. It's pretty cute actually i can here him saying hi (which sounds a lot like just the H sound) and then some other jumbles of sounds with a distint "bye" at the end.  i took these pictures with him not paying attention to me, pretty sneaky i know.
 then he caught site of me, so I asked him what he was doing and he showed me "his phone"
 i don't remember ever playing that a calculator was a phone growing up, watches yes they were those super cool spy phones when you were on a covert mission in the back yard and the person you were talking to was right on the other side of the jungle gym my parents has erected in the back yard or the mysterious comander, but back then cordless phones were the new cool thing.  we don't even have on of those anymore, yeah we kicked the landline to the curb and have embrased the wireless world of cell phones and high speed interent (which is also wireless thanks to the router that is hidden behind the TV, so its magic at our house).
and here's  picture of my droid phone that logan so often sees me use, carry around the house, and gets to listen while his grandparents talk to him on .. he even has a old blackberry that he can play with when he isn't using the calculator ... kailee is big on texting her cousin Corrie on that one :)  

3 comments:

Pam said...

LOL! K totally does the SAME thing...he uses rectangular blocks or Shaun's calculator and if he's lucky, A's toy phone:)

Candace Prado said...

Shhh! Don't say this too loud my kids will hear and want a cell phone!! I am so not into a child at their age having one. I know soon enough they will start going about place (GASP!) without me, but do youthink they will notice if I let them have a graphing calculator instead?! Jee hee...

Shel said...

That is adorable! Z does that too! Calculators, home phone, cell phone, remotes, anything with buttons is a phone!