2.19.2011

she's a writing machine

so her teacher is big on them writing poetry. and she comes home everyday singing some new song about spelling colors (and they get stuck in my head) that's a twist on some nusery rhyme that we all know. but now that she some what has all her lettes down she's writing poetry ... she's constantly asking me how to write this letter or that one (she now has flash cards with both the upper and lower case) and she's spelling out the songs that's she's driving me mad with singing .... she wanted me to take a picture of her poetry on her white board today (my writing in in yellow :))

and the red song goes:      
R E D red
R E D red
that spells red
that spells red

fire trucks are red
stops signs are too
R E D red
R E D red

Blue song:
B L U E
B L U E
hi ho did you know B L U E spells blue

the big sky is blue
the ocean is too
hi ho did you know BLUE spells blue

3 comments:

Shel said...

Amazing how these school songs get stuck in your head, isn't it? So cute!

Candace Prado said...

The gift of song. A teacher's best friend. Kids that care and love them ROCK

Pam said...

Awwww, so cute! I totally get the days of the week song A sings in my head:)