3.17.2009

cricket catching

So my friends on here, are motivating me to get outside with my camera in hand. Today was a perfect day to be outside, with the temps in the low 80's and that perfect Mediterranean climate that san diego has. Kailee and I ventured out as far as the sidewalk in front of our house ... real far I know... on a cricket hunt. It was dusk and my favorite lighting for talking pictures, although probably a little dark I still like the results I got, the glowing golden light bouncing off her is too cool to pass up. So here are some pictures of Kailee looking for crickets. We usually have better luck when it's completely dark and there are only spotlights or house lights on to illuminate the little guys. Oh and this is too feed the teranculla
spelling? big harry spider)  that my DH has had for over 16 years now (females live longer than the males, and  I really think he got this girl when she was barely a hatchling, oh and she's as big as my hand now too)  Kailee for ever the ruff and tumble girl gets into the bug catching ...



okay so the photos don't show alot of catching going on, truth be told we could only hear them. and she was letting me take her pictures for a while there. and I had to put something up here. Pam and all her posts ... wish I had some rain here....

1 comment:

Pam said...

I would have GLADLY sent you our rain:) Love that bottom one, would love to know what she was thinking about! Eek! I never knew you guys had a tarantula (okay, I have no idea how to spell that either!).