2.15.2009

Goffer Dog Gypsee.....

So I don't know why but I don't usually scrap or take many pictures of my pets unless I am really in the mood. But this is just funny .... so Gypsee is a Cairn Terrier, dirt dog of course. And we have been having problems with gofers attacking our yard lately. Gypsee likes to chase squirrels,  has a deep hatred for coyotes (although she's only seen one once, and that was while in my arms, she hears them from time to time), and doesn't like those big scary rats too much either. Never new she had a thing for gofers, although they totally fit into her "instinct" character. The other day I let her outside because she's begging at the door to get out there, and she runs out and starts digging .... 


and now the flags up,  head down in the hole that she is small enough to fit in. She didn't get this guy but Steve came home and was all to happy to finish what Gypsee had started by putting a trap in there and catching the gofer.

On a side note, turns out Wicket (the mini schnowser) has accomplished the same feet and caught him self a gofer too .... well more or less got the hole dug and let Steve finish the trapping. Looks like I have some gofer dogs now. Oh and BAgel the beagle has no ideal what all this gofer digging is about but he does like to chase the bunnies when given a chance ..... they all get safely away (haven't caught any of them terrorizing my yard or eating all my flowers, yet)


And this is how I found Kailee this afternoon in the hallway..... too cute not to take a picture huh? Tinkerbell to the far right is her treat from disneyland yesteday.


4 comments:

Scrap Candy said...

That is hilarious! doggie thinks he's an ostrich!?! And so cute on the babies and K. She will probably appreciate that her hand is across her face later in life!

Scrap Candy said...

I am so glad we don't have gophers here; but I can get you some groundhogs!!!

rcprncss said...

OH MY GOSH, Kailee looks adorable with all her dolls! What a precious picture! It made me smile!
Love your doggie pictures too! That last one is just a crack up! :)

Pam said...

Love your doggie story..at least between them and Steve you can take care of those gophers:) Love the picture of K too:) So precious with all her babies:)