9.24.2008

New Lens at the Park


So I got a 70-300 mm f/4.5-5 lens ... for those much needed zoom shots. although not really my style and a bit large to lug around i am genuinely happy with it. i like having the ability to sneek up on kailee and the shots tend to be really close with not too much of the background in the shoot they are still turning out pretty cool. i still want my wide angle lens but it will have to wait .....
I have been trying for what seems likes years to get this sort of a shot of K on the swings all smiling and happy. Finally got it all it took was a new zoom lens. the shot above that is kailee trying out the "big kid" swings ... i won't help her out on them because i believe she is still to small for them, but that doesn't mean i wont encourage her to figure them out on her own, she was holding on, jumping, and then riding out the swing ...
i'm good at these shots ... the lighting  the expression... but i can't seem to eliminate the arm across the whole shot. remember my other shot from last year? oh and everyone raves about them but me i can't get over the arm.
down the slide.... i was on the other side of the park.
true kailee, when ever she thinks i'm not looking her fingers go into her mouth. this is a tale tale sign that she's tired and the park adventure is wearing down.

2 comments:

Pam said...

YAY! I like them, and I love the one of her going through the tunnel, down the slide and the last one from behind!!! I wouldn't worry about the little bit of her foot that is missing-it is still a sweet picture!!! Glad you are loving the lens!!!!!

Scrap Candy said...

YOU go girl! You have the power of the sneek now...with that ZOOM power she will never see you comin'! Can't wait to see what you catch her doing...